Thursday, September 24, 2015

Creating a Facebook Ad Campaign

Making a Facebook Ad sound simple right? It seems like it should be, but I am having absolutely no luck! One of my class assignments was to create a Facebook ad for my blog, so that I can track the analytics. It sounded simple, and I thought it would take about 10 minutes to create, but I was sadly mistaken.

 When I first went to create my Facebook ad, I was taken to this landing page.


I clicked on "create ad" and proceeded to fill out some basic information. The page asked for information on who I am trying to reach, interests, demographics, and other various details. It's a great way to narrow your search and gain exposure....if it actually works.

Every time I hit the green "create ad" button at the bottom of the page, I ran into trouble. I kept recieving an error that said I had an invalid image. So, I tried a number of different images, changed the size and the file type, but it still didn't work. Now I was just getting frustrated.

I decided to do what everyone does when they don't know an answer: Google it! After Googling, I found the image size needed, but can you guess what happened? It still showed the same error.

At this point I was running out of ideas. So, I exited the browser and started from scratch. I was so sure this was going to work, but then I received yet another error.


I'm not too sure why it's not working. Maybe it's the computer, or maybe it's something very simple that I am overlooking, but I do know one thing. I will get it to work at least once this annoying loading symbol goes away!


Come back soon to see if I overcome my frustration and figured out how to make this ad campaign work! 

No comments:

Post a Comment